Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply coatings through conventional, airless, and plural spray systems.
- Apply paint with brush and roll.
- Operate various types of equipment such as blast pots and spray guns.
- Knowledge of various painting methods and applications.
- Spray with consistent millage.
- Knowledge of various blasts.
- Prepare surfaces.
- Mix paints and fireproofing materials to desired consistencies.
- Understanding or reading of drawings and/or blueprints
- Safe operation of construction tools and equipment
- Grinding, sanding, and polishing
- Painting, caulking, and sealing
- Field Inspections such as Blast Profile. WFT and DFT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of similar experience of progressive responsibility in painting and/or Fireproofing coatings
- Experience and ability with conventional spray systems, airless spray systems, and plural spray systems
- Experience and ability applying paint with brush and roll.
- Experience with epoxy, polyurethane, and high solids coatings is preferred.
- Proficient in the application and use of plural spray systems is preferred.
- Ability to apply all types of coatings using various application methods.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, and drawings.
- Training and ability to operate a man lift, work at heights, and swing stage training.
- Possession of valid driver's license and ability to travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee is repeatedly required to climb vertical ladders.
- The employee is also regularly required to talk, hear, or smell as well as use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Language Skills : Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and
other employees of the organization.
- Mathematic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions
- The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock
- There is machinery, moving equipment (cranes, bulldozers, and other moving equipment) and electrical hand tools at the jobsite
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job Requirements: Background Check, DISA Drug Test, and Physical
As a condition of employment, must be able to pass a Respirator Fit Test both upon hire and on annual basis.
Preferred: NCCER in coatings, Fireproofing Certification, TWIC Card
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.