The Insulation Metal Mechanic must be able to remove, prepare and apply insulating material(s) to exposed surfaces or structures, such as air ducts, hot or cold pipes, storage tanks, boilers and buildings.
- Provides leadership, instruction and guidance to craft workers in work crew
- Provides assistance to Foreman
- Displays a positive attitude towards Safety, Quality, Policy and Procedures.
- Has the knowledge of and exercises all of OSHA, Brand and Customer policies at job site.
- Complete a qualified Job Safety Plan identifying the hazards and risks and implement necessary controls.
- Select and use proper PPE as identified on the JSP.
- Demonstrate proper site preparation prior to scaffold erection, modification or dismantling. (housekeeping, etc)
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints, instructions, and other documentation for planning work activities
- Select and ensure that insulation materials comply with the project specifications.
- Ability to execute and mentor the field fabrication, fit up, and application of all insulation materials that make up the complete installation.
- Comprehend and execute the proper use of insulation materials, tools, attachments, and the quality of installation.
- Insures that installation of insulation and weatherproofing components are correctly installed per the scope of work and to specification.
- Safely Utilize scaffold, portable lift devices, and fall protection to work above ground level.
- Loads, transports, and unloads materials, tools, equipment, and supplies using proper lift technique.
- Take the lead in lifting, positioning, and securing of materials and work pieces during installation or removal.
- Insure that equipment and tools are being maintained properly and are ready and available for use. Do minor repair and maintenance. Report damages immediately.
- Participate and mentor crew to lead tool box talks on Safety and Performance.
- Monitor and recognize behavior and health changes in team members and communicate those to management.
- Complete other duties as deemed necessary by Supervisor
- Promote and Build Team attitude and complete other duties as required by Supervisor.
- Receiving and returning material.
- Knowledge of quality control checks and inspections.
- Knowledge of material handling techniques.
- Perform general laborer duties which pertain to the insulation metal mechanic trade.
- Supervise apprentices to ensure adherence to the applicable insulation procedures
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the job.
- Work at heights without fear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee is repeatedly required to climb vertical ladders.
- The employee is also regularly required to talk, hear, or smell as well as use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions
- The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
- There is machinery, moving equipment (cranes, bulldozers, and other moving equipment) and electrical hand tools at the jobsite.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
TWIC Card, Background Check, DISA Drug Test, and Physical
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.