|The position of Scaffold / Builder builds, positions, and dismantles wooden structures, such as concrete forms, scaffolds, tunnel and temporary frame shelters, according to sketches, blueprints, or company standards.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assembles scaffold containing handrails, mid rails, braces and planks, toe boards, screening, locking pins and wheels to job specifications or company standards.
- Erects scaffolding for buildings and other structures and installs ladders, handrails, walkways, platforms, and gangways.
- Responsible for cleaning and preparing site. Removing debris and materials.
- Load and Unload scaffolding materials.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Performs other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the job.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of similar experience of progressive responsibility in Scaffold/Builder.
- Experience and ability work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Proficient in mathematics and solve problems.
- Ability to make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, and drawings.
- Training and ability to operate proper tools.
- Possession of valid driver's license and ability to travel.
- Apply basic plan work and select compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Work at heights without fear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee is repeatedly required to climb vertical ladders.
- The employee is also regularly required to talk, hear, or smell as well as use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The employee must regularly assembly, dismantling, erection, and installation of various types of structures, scaffolding, etc.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and
other employees of the organization.
- Mathematic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
- There is machinery, moving equipment (cranes, bulldozers, and other moving equipment) and electrical hand tools at the jobsite.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job Requirements: TWIC Card, Background Check, DISA Drug Test, and Physical
Employee may be required to provide the following: tool box, tool belt, adjustable wrench, ratchet wrench with socket, claw hammer, cutting pliers, torpedo level, tape, and rain suit.